Where will You be Five Minutes After You Die?
THIS is one of the most serious questions you will ever have to face. No one can deny the fact of death. It was Ponce de Leon who came to Florida in 1569 searching for a fountain of water which would bring perpetual youth to all who drank of it. But no such fountain has ever been found. Ponce de Leon died just as everyone else must die. Since death is so certain, one’s main concern should be to find out where one shall be after death.
Jesus told the story of a certain man. He said, “There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores… And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; and in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments” Luke 16:19-23.
So here is a story which tells of two men, one of whom died, was buried, and in hell found himself in torments. This is not fiction, it is from God’s Word, the Holy Scriptures. God must punish sinners, and there is not one upon the earth who has not committed sin. “All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23. But our Creator, the loving God, has no delight in the death of the wicked. Five minutes after you die you do not have to be in hell.
There is a way of salvation. There is a way of forgiveness and a way of finding peace with God. Are you interested in this way? Do you want to be saved? Then follow carefully this simple outline of God’s plan of salvation.
GOD’S PLAN OF SALVATION
1. You need to be saved. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23 “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way” Isaiah 53:6
2. You cannot save yourself, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us” Titus 3:5 “ For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast” Ephesians 2:8,9
3. God has provided a way for your salvation. “Christ died for our sins” I Corinthians 15:3 “Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree” I Peter 2:24 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16
4. You can be saved today. “Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation” II Corinthians 6:2
5. Your part is: “Repent ye, and believe the Gospel” Mark I:15 The Gospel is “that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day” I Corinthians 15:3,4 “As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name” John 1:12 “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” Romans 10:9
Friend, do you see the wonderful truths that God has unfolded through His Word? If so, will you receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour right now? Just believe in your heart that He died for you, turn to Him for mercy, and believe that He meant what He said… that He would save you the moment you trusted Him. Will you do this?