To Be or Not To Be
TO BE A BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN: MUCH GAIN
1. A born-again Christian has “the peace of mind that passes all understanding.’’ This is something the world strives for in vain through money, pleasure and pills. Philippians 4:7 states: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
2. A born-again Christian not only has peace of mind, but is better off in every other respect. God takes care of His own. In the Psalms David said, ‘’The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in His way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.” Psalm 37:23-25. Paul wrote in Romans 8:28, “ …all things work together for good to them that love God.”
3. A born-again Christian has no cause for fear or worry. Nothing this world can do will ever affect his eternal destination, which is living forever in a much better world than this one. God tells us in I Corinthians 2:9, “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.”
4. Real happiness in this world comes only when one has the knowledge and assurance that he has everlasting life and will dwell in God’s paradise. ‘’For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE.” John 3:16. “And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.” Isaiah 32:17.
5. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself tells us we must be born-again. “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” John 3:3.
NOT TO BE A BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN: MUCH LOSS
1. The eternal destination of all who have not been born-again will be Hell, a place of outer darkness. The only light one will ever have there will be the fire. There is no sun or moon in Hell. Miners who have been entombed and are fortunate enough to escape, report that the most horrible part of being entombed is the terrible darkness. Remember, the only light one will have in Hell will be the tormenting flames, and this will be forever; there is no second chance as some man made religions teach. The Bible makes it plain to us that the length of time for this life in comparison to eternity is about as long as a passing vapor or a puff of smoke. From II Peter 2:4 we learn, “God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to Hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness....” How can one think God will spare him if He spared not the angels, a much higher creation?
2. Yes, one may retain all his sins as long as he is able, even if he lives to be 150 years old, but if the retention and practice of his sins has anything to do with his not becoming a born-again Christian, there will come a day, when it is too late, when he will become one of the greatest haters of sin that ever lived on this earth. ‘’The wages of sin is death.” Romans 6:23.
3. We have a vivid picture of Hell in Luke 16. Here Jesus Christ tells of the rich man that died and went to Hell and opened his eyes and saw Lazarus afar off. He pled for Lazarus to come and dip his finger in water to cool his tongue, as he had a terrible thirst and no water. My friend, there will be no water in Hell and with a dry tongue one would not want any food even if it were available. On top of everything else, one will not be able to sleep part of it off. According to the Scriptures, there will be no sleep in Hell. They “shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” Revelation 20:10. Jesus says, ‘’And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.” Mark 9:43,44. There will be no timepieces in Hell. Twenty-four hours will seem like a thousand years. The monotony of having nothing to do to pass the time away will be terrible in Hell. There will be no ball games, card games, golf courses, TV or radio. Even without any fire, Hell would still be Hell.
Why not determine to escape this destiny. You can if you will come to Jesus, claim Him as your Sin-bearer in true repentance, and be Born-again! All you need to do is come to the Lord in faith, mean it from the bottom of your heart, and invite Him to be your Lord and Saviour. Jesus says in John 6:37, “…him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.” That means you, regardless of your past. Make the decision now, later it might be too late. You cannot blame God if you end up in Hell. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross in your place and mine and made Salvation free for all. Why not come to Him NOW!